Saturday, September 1, 2012

Order of Operations - PEMDAS

Have you seen this going around on Facebook?


Watching adults not be able to do this basic math problem reminds me about the importance of my job. I plan to show my students this Facebook post and let them find the answer.  I know they will be successful because we are learning the order of operations.

I made a video tutorial explaining order of operations.


Order of Operations falls under Common Core 5.OA.1
I made a foldable, some posters, and some basic worksheets for my classroom:

This $2 resource can help make sure your students can answer that problem correctly.  :)
Thanks!





1 comment:

  1. Excellent!! I'm using this in my Beginning Algebra class. I did see the post on FB and was disheartened by how many folks screwed it up while claiming they "knew" the order of ops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Comments make me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...