Monday, August 5, 2013

Vinyl Success

Last week I shared a bit about my vinyl trail and error.  Luckily this week I can share my success.


While cleaning out the garage, we found some random wood scraps.  

My husband and I stained them.  Then we went a little glitter spray crazy.  

This turned out to be a bad idea.  The vinyl wouldn't stick to the glitter.  


 So, then I sanded the signs and tried again. 

 I think the vinyl transfer paper was stickier than the vinyl, but it worked.

Luckily, the letters stuck but after the difficulties, I decided to modge podge over the top.  


I've started hanging them in my classroom and love them.  I'll be sharing some of my classroom soon. I'm very happy with how it is turning out.




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a neat item to be able to hang in your classroom! I just found your blog - and I'm signing up to follow you on BlogLovin! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm following you now too :)

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this for a classroom or as a Christmas gift for family and friends!


    Thank you,

    Melissa Kaylor :)



    Fourth Grade Lab

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Looking forward to seeing your classroom pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute indeed! Wanna have this and I'll give to my best friend as a present. Pretty sure she will love this and put it in her classroom. silver printing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Comments make me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...